- A Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) plant, for processing up to 75,000 tonnes of residual waste per year
- The development included 2 weighbridges a 2 storey administration building and recycling storage building
- Electricity connection was taken at 11kV, but this was dependent on major reinforcement of the local 33kV network
- Assisted with completion of the wayleave and easements, which included a 3rd party landowner
- Due to the timescales of the 33kV reinforcement works going beyond the contract period, UCML successfully negotiated with the DNO to enable the connection to be completed and given partial load prior to the completion of the reinforcement works
- Successfully challenged the water POC with United Utilities, this resulted in a revised POC which provided a major saving in the civil works by reducing the length of the service by over 75%
UCML achieved significant savings on this development in the region of £0.6 Million.